Kelebihan dan kelemahan medium kabel & fiber optik
Posted 06 February 2002 - 01:53 PM
apa kelebiham dan kelemahan medium kabel&fiber optik serta satu kajian kes yg sesuai...
Posted 06 February 2002 - 03:10 PM
Harap di masa akan datang, dapat saudara/ri tulis tajuk topik dgn lebih meaningful maknanya.
Bandingkan perbezaaanya :
nak tanya pasal ...
Tanya ttg kabel & fiber optik
Minta maaf krn atas teguran saya.
Posted 06 February 2002 - 03:33 PM
Posted 07 February 2002 - 01:03 AM
Posted 07 February 2002 - 09:41 AM
Mungkin saya boleh membantu sedikit sebanyak saudara/saudari hannydew kita ni. although I also feel that the question is quite general, anyway I will try to explain the advantages and disadvantages of Fibre Optic (FO) to my best knowledge.
1) FO is relatively small in size and light in weight as compare to its copper counterpart making its installation easier and less hassel
2) FO also immune to the electromagentic (EM)effect - since light is not subjected to EM interference and radio frequency or voltage surge (these can cause signal attenuation and noise) as compared to electric pulse.
3) As FO employs light pulse instead of electric pulse, therefore there will be no electric spark produce which can result in fire hazard.
4) FO is truly a low loss medium (0.5dB/km loss)hence it performs better with respect to transmission attenuation. This also results in less repater or booster devices used - best for long haul trasmission (e.g. submarine cable) and trunking purpose.
5) Ability to offer a very wide bandwith (in the region of Giga and Tera bytes)
Of course FO is not all perfect...
1) High capital for deployment of complete system
2) Not cost effective for home installation (termination equipment is very expensive)
3) Signal attenuation and error due to dispersion and intersymbol interference
4) Incompatibility with non optical equipment (at receiving and transmitting ends) whic can result in bottlenecking problem.
Hope I have been helpful here. TQ and Wassalam.
"A preach a day won't make you astray"
Posted 08 February 2002 - 09:36 PM
Saya kurang mahir tapi jawapan preacher tadi memang akan banyak membantu secara amnya.
Saya cadang anda cuba baca dari http://www.itpapers.com . Kat situ ada koleksi link IT whitepapers yang sesuai.
Tapi make sure register dulu.
Cari di http://www.itpapers.com/cgi/SubcatIT.pl?scid=20
atau belajar yang mudah nak faham
Bab case study ni apply to environment tertentu. Mungkin keperluan berbeza untuk saiz kompeni, jarak (single mode,dual mode etc) ,budget etc etc.
Posted 09 February 2002 - 08:33 PM
Posted 11 February 2002 - 10:05 AM
Bila saudara Rizal kita mention pasal case study tu dia ada mention pasal multimode and single mode fibre...mak teringatlah satu info untuk di share yang mungkin hannydew boleh guna untuk case study
FYI...the normal practice...single mode fibre used for the telecommunications network, while multimode fibre is normally used in the LAN environment. So Hannydew mungkin boleh make a case study out of this at the same time considering the various wavelength windows (e.g. 1310nm and 1550nm) for various applications....and aas saudara Rizal mentioned lots of this info are made available in the Internet...I would suggest you to visit the How stuff works site..a good site even for non techies.
TQ and Wassalam.
1 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users